Check if your event requires authorisation:
Criteria for events that would require authorisation:
- Public and private events where you can expect more than 20 people to attend
- Events that would be advertised and open to members of the public
- Where payment, entrance fee or charge is required to take part
- Where goods will be sold or traded
- Fun fairs, shows, festivals, fetes or parties
- Music concerts
- Wedding celebrations or large private gatherings
- Fitness and sporting event, matches and competitions. See Bradford Council’s sports and leisure site for information on reserving a space for sporting activities.
Criteria for events that wouldn’t require authorisation:
- Private or voluntary organisation events (picnics, games, walks) involving less than 20 people do not need to be pre-booked (but please do give consideration to other park users).
- Schools do not need to book activities such as picnics, games, walks or play areas, but should pre-book Forest School activities.
Contact us to enquire about an event booking:
For events that require authorisation, please do not make any arrangement unless permission has been granted.
We would require (a minimum of) four weeks’ notice prior to the event to secure authorization, for simple or recurring events. For new or complex events see guidance from SAG for recommended timescales.
Make an enquiry
Email [email protected] to enquire about events in Parks
Email [email protected] to enquire about events in woodlands.
- Include in the header: “Park event booking inquiry”
- The main focus and theme for the event
- The name of the park or greenspace you would like the event to occur
- Date(s) and time(s) you would like the event to take place
- What would you like to bring to the site e.g. equipment
- The number of people that you expect to attend or take part
- Who is organising the event – include name(s) and contact details
- Any experience you have organising similar events.
- Your enquiry will then be sent to the relevant Parks and Woodlands Manager, who will contact you.
Events and safety planning
Visit the Bradford Council website for information and guidelines.
Terms of Letting
Terms and conditions for using Bradford Council land for events.